- You must pre-book and pay for your Online Yoga class upfront via the online booking system. Where ever possible, Jyoti would like to contact you before your first session to have an introductory chat and to answer any questions/concerns and to discuss your health confidentially. She will contact you to arrange. Due to timings, this may need to take place after your first session if you decide to continue coming to classes.
- You will be sent a Zoom Meeting link to join the class. If you are not familiar with zoom, first get a friend or relative to help you. If this is not possible, contact Jyoti via e mail or text to arrange a time to discuss using zoom. She will be more than happy to assist.
- Each person is required to complete a health questionnaire before their first class. This is done when you book a yoga class or subscription.
- If you have any injuries or medical conditions please make sure you are cleared by your Doctor / GP to join in with physical activity such as Yoga. Please let Jyoti know of any conditions that you may have which could affect your practice, prior to joining the class.
- Jyoti must be able to clearly see you on the screen so set your camera up in a way that shows you on your mat, whilst making sure that you can also see and hear the teacher on the screen. You will be removed from the session if your camera is switched off for health and safety reasons, Jyoti must see you whilst class is in session. You will not be refunded if this situation occurs.
- Please remember not to unmute once a class is underway, as I will be recording just my image for YouTube (for students to access) . As you can imagine, having a student interrupt will mean the recording is no longer viable.
- Make sure your practice space is clear and safe. Move any dangerous objects out of the way.
- Please have your device plugged into a power source and check your internet connection, camera and audio facilities to get the best experience out of your online Yoga practice. Please be at class at least 5 minutes before start time to allow for any tech issues etc. Jyoti also encourages you to log on early to chat with the group before class starts. Jyoti’s yoga community is really welcoming and lovely.
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing and have your space set up before you join the class, along with a block, strap and a bolster. If you don't have these props – please use your imagination, a sturdy book instead of a block, a scarf instead of a strap, pillows or cushions under the knees instead of a bolster. Discuss where to buy these items should you wish to come to classes regularly with Jyoti. Please note for the chair class… all you need is a chair and a cotton scarf or strap.
- Remember to always listen to your body and work within your own limitations. If you experience pain at any time, please come out of the position you are in or adjust yourself accordingly.
- Please remember that this type of practice is very different to a face to face, studio class. There will be no adjustments however Jyoti will do her best to provide options and modifications during the practice. Take the option that feels best for you.
- All participants take part in classes at their own risk. Whilst we take reasonable steps to make the classes safe, Jyoti accepts no liability for any injury or damage suffered by any participant or any other person in a class. You are fully responsible for your own health and safety during any online sessions that you participate in with Jyoti (this includes both Live and Pre-Recorded material.)
- You agree to the fact that every yoga session is recorded for safety, insurance and marketing purposes, and to provide recordings for students to watch on catch up.
When signing up to any of Jyoti's online yoga classes, you are contractually agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
You have a contractual right to cancel any booked class, however this must adhere to the following terms;
- In the event that you can no longer attend your booking, no refund will be given, however subject to space you may be able to join a class on a different day or week. You must arrange this new date with Jyoti, and only one rearranged date is acceptable.
- Jyoti has the right to cancel any class and will ensure you are all made aware. You will be contacted via e mail and whatsapp community group. Pls check your junk mail regularly.
- Jyoti has the right to cancel a class at very late notice if she is taken ill. You will be refunded for this session or have an option to attend another future class (refunds are not applicable to subscriptions, but a class will be added on a future date).
- Subscriptions have been calculated to include 2 weeks off at Christmas, Easter and Summer. Half terms are also off. If a class needs to be made up due to illness/ cancellation then Jyoti will teach at some point in the breaks. Subscriptions are offered for a minimum of 2 months. After which they can be cancelled at any time.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Certain medical conditions could affect your Yoga practice. You must confirm whether you have any conditions stated on the questionnaire and inform your Yoga teacher of any changes to medical history.
- In certain circumstances, GP permission may be required before taking part. Please speak to your GP regarding any health concerns you have prior to class.
- If you have any pre-existing medical conditions or injuries, you understand that you must inform Jyoti where necessary and that Jyoti is not liable for any future medical issues / injuries which may occur.
- You understand that your Yoga Teacher is not able to diagnose or treat any injuries / medical conditions.
- Information gathered through the consultation form allows Jyoti to understand any particular needs you may have. Your Yoga Teacher has a legitimate interest to protect clients before, during and after classes and this allows them to make any necessary adjustments to meet those needs.
- You will be asked to give consent for personal data processing by confirming that you agree to this on the Health Questionnaire.
- Personal data is kept completely confidential and secured by Jyoti.
- Your data will not be shared with any third parties.
- You have the right to withdraw personal data at any stage.